Monday, 17 January 2011

17th January 2011

Well, I promised myself I would add to this blog at least once a week. I was really hoping to add a piccie of some cards I made the other day, but I've loaded them onto the laptop upstairs and I am still working out the whole network and sharing files thing so for now the pics stay upstairs!

I had the urge to make some Christmas cards - yeah I know! After a mammoth task last month, you'd think I'd want to stay well away from them. I blame UKPC of course. Februarys card swap is based on a card made from recycling old cards . . . if you get my drift. I'd kept a few card fronts from the ones we recieved at Christmas, and used some of them to make new cards for next Christmas.

Then last night, Michelle turned up with bags full from her family, bless her. So now I have a whole bunch more to play with, I sorted them while watching Dancing on Ice. All I need now is a few days to myself. Its my nasty weekend where I work 5 days out of 6 with just Sunday off (well its off after I have been to church that is!). Roll on the end of this week.

.........................................................................................................................

Well, I just had a brainwave - I looked in the UKPC photo albums and found a pic of the cards I made, so now I can add them here! Geez, if I had a fully working brain, I would be dangerous

So here are my creations - I kinda cheated, the two Smirk style cards (Santa in his sleigh and the bottom right card) were ones I had made the boys for Christmas. All I've done is removed the insert and will add a new one and hey presto, new card for someone next year! The top left one I stamped a Christmassy vine as a background to add a touch of colour. Gosh its been an AGE since I did any rubber stamping and I really need to get back into it! I think it was because it was a new stamp, but I did struggle a little at first.


Next stop my new Clarity stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment