Sunday, 20 February 2011

20th February 2011

You can always tell when I am off work a few days - I do more crafting! I think this is behind my decision to reduce my hours at work. I like being home, and although I know I do waste a lot of time (I blame the iTouch!), it also allows me to have a life beyond the craft table!

So what have I been up to in the last two days? Well, its Colins birthday on Thursday  so a card was needed. At this time of year I am usually still getting over the Christmas craft-out. But having had a few Christmas cards in hand, there wasnt the usual mad panic in the last week or so to get a mountain of them made. This year should be even better as I plan on using my Rudolph Days wisely (every 25th of the month) and have a good stock built up by the end of November. That way I can concentrate on making pressies in December!

OK so on with Colins card. I dont like to give him soppy ones. Not sure he's appreciate that, so I kept it light and used a Papermania decoupage set of papers that had been free with a goodie bag called "Mans World". Then I wanted a special card, so ended up making a double stepper one. I'm not a great lover of decoupage itself but dont mind layering a bit - I even remembered to bevel the teeshirts to give them a bit of dimension! Originally the card didnt have any peel off borders, but I felt it needed a little extra and they work a treat.


I also had a birthday card to make for the UKPC group leader BJ. I'd already forgotten to post her a card so wanted something a little bit special. Its been many years since I made a rubber stamped card (oh I've done backgrounds on cards, but this was to be the focal point on the card). I bought a lovely stamp last week at the craft show and wanted to use it straight away, so BJ was the first!

I enjoyed colouring it in and even remembered the bit of advice I had heard on CnC to just dot tiny areas with the Promarkers so you dont go over the lines! Its worked out lovely and today when I went to add the verse to get it posted later, I thought it might look better with a bit of glitter so dug out the Stickles.

A great afternoon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment