Tuesday, 3 May 2011

30th Anniversary - 2 May 1981

I finally got the card finished, which had been in bits and in my head over the last few weeks. All the ingredients were there, just time and crafting mojo needed.

I used pearlised (geddit?) ivory card and used my newest Mary Stewart edge cutter. Then using the same card stock, I embossed the swirl (a Marianne Design folder) and backed it with green glitter card - the non shedding kind. Also used it to line the front cover of the card. The green reminded us of our bridesmaids who wore this colour. Gold peel offs finished the card. I printed a lovely verse for the inside.

While I was creating, I remembered that my "grandpup" has been with my daughter and son-in-law for a year this month. They picked her up from Battersea Dogs Home on 1 May last year. We all decided she needed an official birthday, like the queen lol. So as the vets estimated her age at 3-4, Phoebe celebrated her 4th birthday on Sunday! Me being the big softie that I am bought her a doggie treat birthday 'cake' and made her a card . . .


I bought the rubber stamps from the Joanna Sheen website. I had seen them on Creat and Craft TV but didnt want to pay their postage charges!

Using bronze glitter card and cream plain card I cut and folded a simple DL card to make the double twisted easil - it was a lot easier than I thought it would be :oD

I used my Nesties to cut the panels and a couple fabric flowers to help hold the sides up finished it off. Leanne & John loved it, Phoebe was too busy breaking into her cake to voice an opinion!!




2 comments:

  1. fab cards - I'm particularly impressed with the embossing on the anniversary card Karen, I can see that folder being added to my shopping list.
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the folder, it doesnt have a name but the number is DS0907 - just in case you need help parting with your cash! There are two other similar embossing folders by Marianne Designables as well, which I'll probably get sometime in the future :o)

    ReplyDelete