Sunday, 11 March 2012

Oops I fell into a crafty black hole . . .

Life has just been too busy of late and although I have done some crafting, there have been way too many days when I did nothing.

So quick catch up:

January - UKPC swap card for January involved teabag folding, not my favourite technique but a good challenge to start the year. After a few mini lessons with myself to remind me of how to do it, I came up with . . . .









The February swap brought stamping. I do enjoy this but sometimes struggle to find the right ink pad to use. I still get very confused between archival ink and the other type! Will have to print off some instructions, but in the meantime, I had a play and did this . . .








March swapping was Birdies of any kind. I'd seen the card I made on the Docrafts site a while back and decided I wanted to use it for some of my Christmas cards. I bought the Paisley dies to cut the shapes (love die cutting) and had fun adding the layered background . . . the bit I wasnt so keen on was the sewing on of the bell on the larger Robins hat - I hate hand sewing!!





My scrap challenges havent been quite so prolific - I have only managed two pages so far.

The first was a page dedicated to my lovely new grandson. He was born just after Christmas and since then I have only seen him a couple of times. The mum, now my sons ex has said I wont be allowed to see little Tobey unless my son is nice to her (meaning he moves back in) but as she attacked him with a metal bar last year, and has made his life a misery even when he said he'd try again, I doubt I'll see much of him. So for now I grab the chance to look at the odd photo my son can get to see how he is growing and hope that she has a change of heart . . .


The next page I did was a theme I copied from BJ (UKPC founder). Its a trip into fantasy with my idea of Eye Candy! The celebrities I chose are:
Sean Bean, Bear Grylls, Richard Armitage, Steven Moyer and Brian Cox (he was my nod at intellect, the others were pure rough!!)



Birthdays and Valentines Day have been and gone and so far I've made three cards -


a Valentines for my hubby . . . .







BJs birthday card - a swing card . . . .











and finally Colins birthday card . . he is an engineer hence all the cogs!











As of 1 April my hours are dropping at work, so hopefully tyhat means 4 more hours per week to craft - we'll see!

See you on craftland . . . .

3 comments:

  1. WOW Karen - didn't expect to see anything on here and see you have compiled the past 3 months in a new posting - well done you, lovely recap. Still adore Colin's card. - BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen ... I am sorry you are short of time but sounds like that will change soon ... good work here tho! I adore those birds!!!! and how did you do the cogs... My hubby was an engineer! great card! Thanks for the congrats on the baby xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, The cogs are cut from my Sizzix cogs dies (ones a border die, both Tim Holtz)) and I also used a couple of embossing folders and a load of lovely glittery peel offs too. I had great fun with this card for my son :-) The birds were cut using a set of paisley dies

      BJ, I like to keep you guessing! Thought it about time I caught up. I've got a new scrap page in the planning as I am taking photos as we go along with the redecorating. The lounge has been the same for so long it will be like living in a new house by the time we're done :-D

      Delete