Wednesday, 23 May 2012

What a whirlwind week . . .

. . . I have had with my Australian cousins coming to visit. I haven't seen Debbie since I was 14 (many MANY years ago) and it was great to catch up! To commemorate her visit, I made a Keepsake Book using the Kanban kit mentioned in my last post.

The book was made from those plain brown sandwich bags you can get with the handles. I used three bags. I cut off the handles and covered the bags front and back with card - using red white and blue. Then layered each side and added embellishments .



Once I had decorated the bags, I punched holes for the book rings and then covered the rings with red white and blue ribbons, adding a small metal charm to the top ring with 'Bon Voyage' on it. I finished each bag with a velcro dot to keep the bags closed.




I presented the book to Debbie on her arrival saying she could keep little momentos of her trip as she went along , which she did, even down to keeping a wooden fork from when she ate chips on the seafront!





The book was great fun to make and I intend making more like it in the future.







Next this month is my sons birthday and then in June I have a few so hopefully will be able to add pics when they are done. Its been difficult recently to get any crafting done as I have been busy preparing for the visit. I also had my sister and neice staying which meant my craft space was a no go area as its in the spare room!!


More later from Craftland . . .









3 comments:

  1. Love the book, may have to have a go myself!

    Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel terrible that I'm so late making this comment Karen!! You really should do more blogging here but I know how busy you are. . . . . This looks gorgeous and you have given us loads of photos which always helps I think.
    Let's see some more of your work here in the future please!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, well, I said I'd pop over so here I am. You weren't kidding when you said you don't blog much - it's a wee while since May :) Love the book ... a great keepsake and reminder of your cousins visit. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete