Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Sympathy cards

They have to be the hardest cards to make. They're something I never did when I used to sell them. I just couldnt bring myself to make money out of someone elses grief.

Today I've done two, one from me and one from the Slimming World group I belong to. Both for my dear friend Jenny whose husband lost his fight for life last night. He had been terminally ill for about 7 years slowly declining over that time. It'll be a release for Jenny after all those years
nursing him but right now she is going through that awful process of fresh grief.

I deliberately chose black and white as the theme, as its Jennys favourite, with just a touch of red to stop it being too funereal. I used my lovely poppy die cut and a butterfly one I had forgotten about until recently. Both cut using red mirrior card.

RIP David Martin

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful and thoughtful cards Karen albeit probably being very hard to make. Please pass on my hugs and kind regards to Jenny, will be thinking of her and her family.
    Huge hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. The members of Slimming World did me proud and wrote some lovely things in the larger card, dear Jenny was very touched xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards, Karen. As you say, the hardest cards to make. Do give my regards to Jenny and let her know that I'm thinking of her too. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, she's getting there slowly. Think the funeral in a couple of days will be a blessing for her, allow her to sort her life out somewhat and move on to the next stage xxx

      Delete